Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm going to try to run

I'm going to try and train for a 5K. I'm a horrible runner and always have been but suddenly I was just inspired. I need to be healthy and I need to have a goal. While I won't be ridiculous and hope to finish as a top place I will be well pleased to finish somewhere in the middle of the pack. To do that I need to get a time around 25 minutes using last year's times as a frame of reference.

I found a schedule previously that was meant to take one from "couch to 5K" in 2 months. Considering how out of shape I am, that I am a smoker, a sprained ankle earlier this year that still pains me and I've never been a runner I'm going to try and take it slower but still work for it. The event I want to run in isn't until the end of July. I plan to start this coming Monday so I should have plenty of time to get up to par before then. I figure if the average person can do it in 2 months I can certainly do it in a little over 10 months!

I haven't yet been able to locate a map of the route but I am hoping desperately that the huge, huge hill we all refer to as town hill is not included. I think it could take me a lot longer to be ready for that!

Wish me luck!!

No comments: