Thursday, January 21, 2010

Still going strong

Wow, I've come very close to cracking and have had some irritable moments but for the most part, so far, I'm okay. I have to avoid going anywhere though, at least in the car. That makes it harder. As silly as it is I've also been wearing sweats and doing even less with my hair . . . so I don't want to go out in public.

I wonder how long the desperate urges will continue? I actually peeked at one of my "smoking spots" to make sure I didn't have any cigs left. If I had, I would have smoked. If I'm around another smoker I know I will too, if they'll give me one.

I have to laugh at myself. I feel like I'm tying down my inner self which is screaming, "Gimme, gimme, gimme! Now! I want one now!" But of course that's not showing on the outside, except for some deep breaths, sighs and tapping. At least I think so. I guess I could really be super crazy and have no idea how my resistance and urges are showing to others.

No comments: