Friday, January 15, 2010

This stinks, figuratively speaking

Now that the hub-bub of the holidays is past I decided to try yet again to become a non-smoker.

(Although I believe and what I've read supports it, smoking is like alcoholism. Once a smoker, always a smoker; it just gets longer between smokes.) Of course, since it's hard to put smoking out of my mind right now I could be a little biased.

I've tried in the past to do this and succeeded for a little while at times and failed others. Oddly, the times I've succeeded for any length of time I lost my job soon after. That makes me a little nervous. I guess if I lose my job, such as it is, this time I'll at least have one less outgoing cost.

I'd like to save that money but it's hard to take it out of my account and put it somewhere else. I'll still attempt it. It would be nice to see that little nest egg and use it for something fun as a reward. My cousins and I had talked briefly about a trip. Although I don't know that I'll save enough for that. But I could then get my passport. lol Perhaps every time I feel an urge I should work on the red tape aspect of getting it. By the time I have all the proper papers and approvals I should be well cured!

Sorry to ramble and bore you dear reader. In case you haven't guessed blogging to whine is another method of distraction. Hopefully, I'll be able to soon take the focus off quitting and blog about something else. I don't know how helpful a distraction is when all you do is talk about what you are trying to distract yourself from. Although, to be honest, the urge, while not gone is not as intense as it was when I started this post. How 'bout that?


No comments: